
There once was a lovely carpet, that was soft and clean. Well...at least until a family of 9 moved in that was soon to be a family of 10. Year in and year out they lived and played and walked on this carpet. As you can imagine, the dirt added up fast. One day, a few years later the Mother of the house decide that the carpet had had enough and she knew it was in dire need of a proper cleaning. :D She grabbed her vacuum and shampooing device and set to the task with her son Aiden. Even hours later when Aiden went to karate, she kept shampooing over and over in the dirtiest spots. In-between shampooing, she decided to scrub the carpet with her hands............And that's when it happened. I had been out in the garage . I came back in the house and even before I could see Mom I heard her theatrically singing "A dreeeaam is a wiiiiish your heeart maaakes! Whhheeen you're faast asleep." I walked into the tv room to see Mom on her hands and knees scrubbing the carpet as she sang. Lainie was in the kitchen laughing and as soon as I walked into the room we all had a good laugh together.
Thank you Mom for all your hard work! The carpet really does look better. Though we all know it's now time to shampoo more of it. Love you!
~Madi
My dear sister.....
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet sense of humor!
Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your life, my La!
Love you!
(Please tell mom:
$20 + bottle of cleaner = rental of a carpet cleaner at Safeway. Weighs approx. 25 lbs. Faster. Easier on the knees. Fun for the kids to do too!)
Ok I'll let her know. :D Love you too!
ReplyDeleteOh NO,
ReplyDeletepoor Cinderelli!!
There's got to be a better way.
Love you,
Mom