My little Sammy boy's face best describes how we've been feeling over here. :(
Under the weather.
Corban got sick first,
then me,
then Ben
and it has just gone on from there.
Most of us have gotten sick, though thankfully, not all of us have.
Because of our sicknesses we've been home a lot.
I thought I would let you know what we've been doing in our little world at home this week.
So, here are a few things that we've been doing...
{1.} Reading. Lots of reading. It's nice being able to have alone time to read, and also having time to read with my siblings. Emma read to me when I wasn't feeling too well, and now that she's not feeling well, I was able to read to her today. We enjoy reading Dear America diaries together. ;)
{2.} Watching Movies. We watched all these movies in one day...hehe. The whole Sarah Plain & Tall collection ( 3 movies) and Temple Grandin. I had seen all the Sarah Plain and Tall movies before, but it was nice to pull them out and enjoy watching them again.
Temple Grandin was wonderful as well. It's a true story about a young girl with Autism who has extraordinary talents. It is a beautiful story about her life and what she is able to accomplish. She has a way of understanding animals more deeply because of her autism and she helped animal slaughter houses become more humane. I enjoyed the movie immensely.
{3.} Drinking and Eating. Drinking lots and lots of diluted fruit juice and eating (when our fevers are gone) lots of vegetable soup. I'm really looking forward to eating beef and muffins and chicken and rice again once we're all better, although I am thankful for the soup. :)
apple juice Papa bought for us today. :)
some of the fruit we've been using to make juice- oranges and lemons.
{4.} Cuddling in warm blankets and wearing wool socks. Yes, we've been staying warm in lots of blankets and I've been wearing my wool socks. My favorite socks ever, because they keep my feet nice and toasty warm. :)
{5.} Sleeping, resting, and regaining strength.
Since we've been inside a lot
we've been missing out
on seeing the beautiful flowers
that are blooming in our neighborhood.
So, Mom kindly bought us flowers and put them in our rooms. :)
They are quite pretty, don't you think?
Thank you Mom!
And thanks to you and Andrea for taking care of us sickies. Love you!
-------
How has your week been, friends? Hope you haven't been sick as we have.
Oh, and I know that I said I had a post planned about me and my brother's birthdays that were last month. Well... I'm not sure I'm still going to do that seeing as that it keeps getting later and later. I will post about it if you would still like to hear about it though. I did want to share the pictures.
Much love and many blessings, friends!
~Madi









No comments:
Post a Comment
thank you for leaving me a comment and making my day that much sweeter! hope you have a blessed day, friend!
~Madi