-

-

Monday, December 31, 2012

this is when I ramble about my excitement and goals for the new year

 

Hello friends! My, it's been so long since I last sat down to write a blog post.
 I haven't posted in over a month! As much as I like my little space here,
I'm learning to balance my time.
I've enjoyed my break, but I love blogging
 so I'm back and hope to blog more often in the new year.
However, expect my posts to be sporadic as I will post when I can. :)
 

2013 is nearly here! The prospect of a whole new year,
full of unknown adventures excites me. It really does. 



 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."
~Jeremiah 29:11
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him,
who have been called according to His purpose."
~Romans 8:28

 
With God going before me and planning out my days for my good, I have nothing to fear as I enter this new year. I am excited to grow in my relationship with the Lord. I'm thankful that God doesn't leave me on my own. He is right beside me all the way, and will continue to make me more like Him, and strengthen me to be who He wants me to be.
 


(some forgotten frames from this past year, 2012)
 
2012 has been a wonderfully full year. Full of new opportunities, joy, hardships, love, laughter, and growth. As much as I've enjoyed this year, I'm definitely ready to head full force into 2013 and all that it will bring. I get so excited whenever a new year comes around. It's just so promising. It's like a blank book ready to be filled with more of my life's story that God is writing. I'm so excited to see what people God brings my way, what ways He will help me to grow, and what adventures and opportunities He will bring my way.

I remember sitting down to write last years "new year's" post, I chose one word to focus on and remember throughout the year. My word was embrace. I wanted to learn to embrace the moments of life and use them for God's glory. When I did remember to embrace, God helped me and I was able to take hold of that moment and change my outlook and the way I responded to it. But to tell you the truth, embracing is hard. I still am learning to embrace the changes and surprises, the mundane, and those moments that take you off guard or take you out of your comfort zone. I'm still learning to act as God would want me to in those circumstances. Sometimes I don't know how to act or what to do. But God has been helping me, though it's still very hard, and embracing is something I'm sure I'll be learning to do as long as I live. 

As I watched old home videos last week, I was touched by how fast the years fly by. How each year comes and goes and how we grow so quickly in the midst of it all. Being hit with that realization really made me want to cherish each day as it comes, to cherish the little moments and the sweet little things my siblings do at each age. I don't want to be carried away by time. I want to be right in the midst of it, enjoying life as it comes. Each day is a reason to celebrate, it's another chance to bring God glory, to change, to love someone, to make someones day, and to bring joy to others. It's a chance to make a difference.


 
my older sister Andrea and me.:)

 
So, this year, I don't have one word that I want to define my year, instead, I have a number of words that make up my desire, my goal that I want to carry out. I want to be intentional and in-the-moment, cherishing life and making the most of each day for God's glory. I want to live passionately for Jesus Christ, loving God,  learning, and rejoicing in who He is, that I may live not wanting anything other than what I have been given. That I may live contentedly and feel secure and bold in who I know I am in Christ, so that I may live unashamedly and securely, loving others and becoming who God wants me to be. All of those things make up my new year's resolution, my goals for the new year. Basically I just want to bring God glory through what I do, learn to love Him more and love others more, that I may have true joy and not waste my life.

Ah, I know I've rambled on here. I hope that some of this made sense. And thank you to those of you who took the time to read it all. Also thank you to all of you who have read what I've written and commented and followed along on this little journey I have here in the blogging world. I really appreciate every comment, kind e-mail, and every follower. You all are wonderful and I look forward to getting to know you better in the new year. :)


By the way, I've almost reached 50 followers! 
I'm hoping to have a giveaway sometime soon to thank all of you wonderful people.




Now. Enough about me. What about you? 
Do you have any new years resolutions? 
Anything you'd like to share? 
Leave me a comment! Long or short. 
I love hearing from you all! 
 

Happy New year friends. Cheers!


 

Sincerely, Your friend



Madi


5 comments:

  1. these photos are beautiful, Madi, and your words are as well. embracing life, living passionately, loving fearlessly, and being joyful in everything--the blessings life brings, as well as the sorrow. :)

    Happy New Year, girl! i pray your year is amazing, and even more joyful and profitable than 2012. :)

    much love, and many blessings,
    Mikailah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Madi! I love your words for 2013. Especially living intentionally. Life is so much sweeter when we take time to think and be intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! That photo of the tea is just brilliant. I could easily see it in a magazine! I loved reading your thoughts on this new year, & truly believe it's going to be wonderful! :)

    Much love, Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! (:
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! i just stumbled upon your site, and I am in love with it!
    I hope you have a very happy 2013, and I'll be sure to stop back! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving me a comment and making my day that much sweeter! hope you have a blessed day, friend!
~Madi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...