-

-

Saturday, January 19, 2013

This is to cherishing sweet, special moments spent with family


Though I'm not a photographer, I still like trying my hand at photography every now and again. I love being able to capture scenery, little details, and simple, yet meaningful moments with family and friends.

During the week of Christmas, two of my sisters and I spent a couple of days at my Aunt and Uncles house. One afternoon, we stepped outside into the fresh, cold air. Hoping to take some portraits of my little cousins, I grabbed the camera, but eventually ended up throwing out the idea of capturing posed portraits when I saw that my cousins simply wanted to play with me. 

While I ran around with my cousins, I captured some candids that, although aren't perfect, are special because they are of moments that I treasure. These pictures, are some of my favorites of that day. 


 This is to a day spent with family, 

to Juniper and her sweet smile


 and to her funny forced smile that makes me laugh ;)


This is to Juniper's contemplative face 
and the large leaf she was so happy to find.


This to Irie, 
who ran around in her tutu and boots.
And this is to the little smirk she gave me
 before she quickly looked away 
as she caught me pointing the camera in her direction. 


This is the innocent fascination my little cousins had 
over finding a worm in the dirt, 
to auntie's love for nature that she shares with her children,
and Irie's jolly giggle that brings a smile to my face





This is to my auntie who I love so much,
 who always welcomes us warmly into her home with joy, 
and who shared many moments of laughter 
with my sisters and I.



This is to Kenny who dashed around the yard in excitement
here and there, chasing the chickens
and making us laugh


This is to the bouncy jaunt Juniper does 
when she's really really really happy. :)


This is to shoes put on the wrong feet



To my beautiful sister emma, who has a really sweet heart 
and a contagious laugh


This is to joy
to playing the simple game of "red-light-green-light"
to laughter
to my beautiful sister Lainie 
who's smile I love to see
and to cherishing sweet special moments spent with family



11 comments:

  1. This was beautiful, made me chuckle with tears in my eyes! I'm thankful for your sweet thankful heart Maddi. I can so relate with you;)-aunti Linz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile <3 You say that you are not a photographer but these moments you captured are beautiful. They speak so much. You are better than you think.

    <3 Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Madi! I'm new to your lovely blog, but already I love it, and your lovely skill with photographs and I see you have a deep love for God and to glorify our Beloved Jesus!

    God bless you,
    Joy @ joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite post that you have ever made! This photos are so precious and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I just happened to stumble upon your blog and I'm glad I did! Your little cousins are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such beautiful photos!
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. You girls are all so beautiful!

    xo
    summer

    ReplyDelete
  8. So precious!!! Love the first picture!!

    http://www.meredithsledgeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, Madi! i just wanted to drop by and say hi. :) and i, for one, just adore all these pictures. you totally captured the joy and delightful spontaneity. love them! you are a beautiful young lady, and i greatly enjoy our interaction and your comments on my blog. i hope life slows down a bit for you and your family, so you can all savor the little moments and delight in each other. :)
    love you!
    petie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your stopping by my little space and commenting Petie! Your words are so sweet and made my day. thank you.
      ((hugs!))
      ~Madi

      Delete

thank you for leaving me a comment and making my day that much sweeter! hope you have a blessed day, friend!
~Madi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...