{listening to: the Little Women (film score) Pandora station. It is filled to the brim with beautiful music}
Spring is arriving here, and I'm drinking in it's signs- flowers blooming, birds singing sweetly and fluttering this way and that in their care-free, merry way; days of warm sunny weather, and cool breezes, intertwined amidst days that are overcast and rainy-yes, I love it all. As much as I delight in sunny days with clear blue skies, I revel in days that are overcast; days where the sun plays hide and seek with the dark billowy clouds and the wind causes the plants and trees in the neighborhood to sway back and forth in its mysterious force.
Although I'm ready for spring, I can hardly believe that it is already March. I don't think I'll ever get over how fast time flies. Time is so precious. In some ways it feels like it was just the beginning of the new year. It's hard to accept sometimes that time must move on. It's funny, because while I feel like I want time to slow down, I also look forward to things of the future and am excited for what it may hold. I am excited for change, excited to grow and experience new things. I suppose I have a funny relationship with time.
I've noticed that it's so easy for me to read blogs, be inspired, and then do nothing about it. I truly want to spend more time creating art of my own, reading more literature, and spending more time with family. As the lovely Anna Faith said in her most recent post "I get stuck inspiring myself online that I don't leave time to pursue the dreams while the day lasts. And most of all I don't spend enough time with my family." This can be so true. I can also get jealous of other people's abilities. That's completely wrong. I should be rejoicing in the gifts that God has given them. If I want to get better at things I should be working towards my goals, not just "thinking" about working towards them. Thinking about them and wishing I could be better gets me no where. So, I'm going to take a little break from reading blogs to learn to be more intentional with my time in hopes of using the inspiration I gain to start creating art of my own. Time is going to continue to move on. I have to grab hold of it.
Tell me, have you taken a blog-reading fast?
Were you able to clear your mind and be more comfortable in your own shoes?
Also, are there signs of spring in your neck-of-the-woods?
Much love!
















These pictures are so beautiful! I LOVE apple blossoms. :)
ReplyDeletethank you so much! The first three pictures are actually of peach blossoms! :))
DeleteBeautiful photographs of the "stinky trees", La! They smell so good in the breeze...until they start to wilt away. :)
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures! #2 is especially beautiful, and the bokeh in the last one is lovely. =) Yes, I agree with you about inspiration - I have taken small fasts from reading blogs before, and it has definitely helped me be more focused on things that I need to be more focused on (as well as learning to create art from my heart =D). I really need to do it more often! Blessings as you seek Him!
ReplyDeletethese pictures made my heart skip a beat. lovely.
ReplyDeletethanks for the sweet comment on my blog, Madison! it so encouraged me.
xoxo a
This is nothing short of beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteFunny how I recently wrote a post about how fast time flies, too.
Keep up the great work!
Much love, Tana
pretty pretty blooms!
ReplyDeletethis is beautiful, Madison! (and i apologize for not commenting sooner! i have been taking a "computer break", kind of... i'm still posting on my blog, but besides that, i'm not on the computer at all. ;)) these photos are simply gorgeous, and your words are so true. it is 70* here in Arizona--and where we live, that is veryyyyy rare for March. i think Spring is making an appearance, and i'm not sure how i feel about it. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteand what you said about not envying other people for their gifts and talents... it's hard, isn't it? when people admire someone, or something they do, it is natural for us to want to do it as well. but God gave us each our own gifts--and He wants us to use them to glorify Him, and give enjoyment and encouragement to others. :) i'm still working on it, but it is getting easier to accept myself for who i am, and not wish to be like someone else. :) you are such a wise young lady, Madison; talented, beautiful and smart. i wouldn't change a thing about you, and no one who truly loves you would either. :) thank you for sharing your thoughts & pictures with us. this was so good, and encouraging to read. <3
::hugs::
xo, mikailah
Wonderful shots! Wow, I wish we had flowers like those in Ottawa, I would probably spend an entire day photographing them.
ReplyDeleteSome Snapshots Blog
Jess
This is so recognizable! Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by all the inspiration that it makes me sort of paralyzed and unable to create something by myself. It might be a good idea to take a blog-reading fast to clear my head and mind!
ReplyDeleteI love your spring pictures, they are so vibrant! Spring finally arrived here (the Netherlands) too, I posted some pictures on my blog :)
these pictures are beautiful! love springtime:)
ReplyDeleteI haven't looked at your blog in so long!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful!
-Lainie