-

-

Friday, October 29, 2010

Delicious Scones


A few years ago I came across a strawberry scone recipe and decided to try it out. When I did, I was pleasantly surprised. The scones weren't dry and they tasted delicious! I changed the recipe a bit and then decided to sell it in my little bakery business. They were a great hit. I would say my Auntie Jen was the biggest fan. :) When my family became gluten free I stopped making them. However, this past weekend, my Auntie Jen came to visit. So, my mom thought it would be a good idea to try the recipe again and this time, make them gluten free. So, I made them, along with my sister, and the scones turned out great. In fact, that's all I wanted to eat all day. It was perfect weather, cold and cloudy, so I sat with my warm tea and ate scones with my family. It was lovely.
Here are some pictures!


Blueberries!

You can download the gluten free recipe here Strawberry Scone GF and the regular wheat flour recipe here Strawberry Scones.

I hope you find the scones to be to your liking!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT POST MADI!
    I absolutely love your blog!
    Luv u lots!

    Love Your Sister
    -Lainie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, those look good! How long did they take to make? Did you notice a difference when making them gluton free?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prep time takes about 20 minutes or so and the bake time takes about 16-18 minutes. The only differences I noticed between the gluten free scones and the wheat scones is that the gluten free scones had a somewhat grainy texture and they weren't as sweet. Most gluten free flours have a grainy texture though. However, the scones were still delicous!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving me a comment and making my day that much sweeter! hope you have a blessed day, friend!
~Madi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...