One instance when I was reminded to embrace was a few nights ago
when my brother asked to make pancakes with me.
At first, I responded with the wrong attitude.
I wasn't cheerful
I just wanted to get those pancakes on the griddle
as fast as possible.
Because,
the sooner they were on,
the sooner we could eat.
That's when the word flew to my mind.
Embrace
Then and there, God helped me to let go of my plans,
simply put, my selfishness.
I was reminded
to let it go
to smile at him
make him feel important
and enjoy this special
pancake making moment
with my little brother
Because, you know what?
My little brother won't be so little for long.
He won't always be asking to make pancakes with me.
And you know what else? The pancakes turned out great.
Plus, I got to spend some time with my little Benny boy. My little Benny boy who's growing up.
I am reminded to let it go and embrace these sweet little moments.
So, take that next opportunity to make your little siblings feel special.
Embrace the little moments with them, whether it be playing cards, baking cookies,
or simply talking to them.
You have a great opportunity right now, to love them, and invest time in their lives.
And soon, they'll be all grown up
and you'll wonder where the time has gone.
Much love and many blessings, dear friends.
~Madi
P.S. Sorry for my long absence. :/
sums, writing, and tests have been occupying much of my time.
sums, writing, and tests have been occupying much of my time.
However, I have a post planned about me and my little brother's birthdays that were last month.
Also, my blog is going to be redesigned by the lovely Lucia.
In a little while I'll have a new blog design!! I am super excited. :D















What a courageous and philosophical attitude : to take care of each trivial moment as if it were a crucial one, and let it go, yes let it flow away according to its ephemeral nature, let it vanish peacefully as something we have create but we will not keep for us. In the forth century B.C., in Greece, the stoic philosophers were saying that time is measured by our will and attention, as the space is measured by the objets that take place in it. Your embracing care literally 'creates' the moment, its weight and extension, its flavor and its worth. And it is a real pleasure to share in your creation.
ReplyDeleteUncle Julien
La, this is one of the sweetest posts you've done! It's an excellent reminder to Embrace, something that within our busy days, we all forget to do sometimes. And imagine how much we miss in the process? You're an inspiration to me. I'm thinking of what my word should be this year.
ReplyDeleteSweet Benny. What a wonderful little moment you two shared. You're a lovely older sister.
Love you!
Auntie Jen
..oops!..I forgot to mention how much I loved the pictures too. Excellent.
ReplyDeleteLove the one of his sweet little hand. Good eye, you!