-

-

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

On a leap day

I must take the opportunity of posting on this day, this day that only comes once in every four years!
Yes, it's February 29th. Which I'm sure you already figured out. Funny to think that we all had to wait an extra day to get to March. It's kinda exciting to think that this day only comes once every four years. Makes me wonder where I'll be when the next February 29th comes around.

With March right around the corner,
I thought I'd share some pictures of spring blooming in our neighborhood.



Some flowers are just beginning to bloom
and others are already in full bloom.
 I just love how delicate they look.



They're my favorite flowers in the neighborhood.
Sadly, they only last for a little while.
I'm enjoying them while I can!





Lately, I've been thinking a lot about life, school and the future. I'm in a lot of prayer. Learning to trust God and His plan for me.

Right now though, I'm reminded to be thankful, for a babies smile, for the ability to laugh with my sisters,  for the spring flowers in our neighborhood, and a for friend who came over with a gift of homemade gluten free french bread and soup for us. I am blessed.

Though the future is uncertain,
(to me anyway) 
I'm trusting in my Lord who knows what the future holds
who has great plans for me
and holds my life in His hands.

This week I have been reminded of this verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,
 plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
~ Jeremiah 29:11




Much love and many blessings, friends!

~Madi

P.S. Please don't hesitate to leave a comment, I'd love to know who visits my blog! 


8 comments:

  1. Haha, I couldn't resist posting on Leap Day, either. These pictures are gorgeous! I can't wait for spring to come here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mary, thanks for commenting. You have made my evening all the more sweeter. :)

    Yes, spring! I'm looking forward to it too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful!!! I am terribly sorry that I did not return your dear sweet note from the knitting post I published months ago. You are so sweet to have taken time out of your day to do so, and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. To know readers like you are visiting, makes blogging all the more worth while.

    Blessings,
    Grace
    >>---> tending her garden @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for thanking me! Yes, I agree with you, knowing that readers are visiting makes blogging all the more worth while. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Made me very excited to see a comment in my mail today. :D

      Blessings to you as well!

      ~Madi

      Delete
  4. Hi Madi! I'm enjoying your blog tremendously. I'm so glad that I found the link (on Andrea's blog, maybe? I can't recall). Your photos are beautiful! :)
    ~Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madi, hey there! These photos are beautiful! I'm so glad i found your little blog. it's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alexandra, and thanks for the follow as well! You're so sweet. :) I'm glad you were able to find my blog. How did you find it?

      Delete

thank you for leaving me a comment and making my day that much sweeter! hope you have a blessed day, friend!
~Madi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...