After church, my family and I spent the afternoon at home with my Mom. We had a lovely lunch together which included the lettuce from our garden, pictured above. (Just a side note, harvesting lettuce from our garden was quite delightful. I felt very domestic. The lettuce with its perfect swirled layers reminded me of The Story of Peter Rabbit. I thought that was pretty cool.) Ok...moving on. Then my mom opened the second half of her gifts. The other half she opened in the morning. My brothers just couldn't wait to give her their gifts. My mom loves gelato, so my sister Emma gave mom a variety of gelato flavors--Peanut Butter, Coffee Dutch Almond, and Vanilla Bean. (any other gelato lovers out there?) My awesome builder//designer brother, Aiden made mom a couple candle holders out of the stump of last year's Christmas tree. They turned out so nice. He's thinking of maybe starting a tree-stump candle holder business. With a much cooler name than I just made up I'm sure. It was a delightful day altogether, celebrating my dear Mother and all that she is to me. I am so thankful for her and feel so blessed to have her as my mom.
Much love an many blessings, friends!
~Madi









Really nice picture Madi!
ReplyDeleteGood job. :)
Sounds like it was a lovely day! Fresh, homegrown lettuce is so delicious
ReplyDeleteHey Madi,
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog, and I really like it!! :) Lovely photos. I'm following you!! :) Come visit me @ www.maid4him.blogspot.com
xo,
Mikailah
ps-- homegrown lettuce is the best. ;)
that's some pretty lettuce you got there! I imagine it must be delicious
ReplyDelete