ahhhh. they've been filled with splashing in lakes, and hiking amongst beautiful trees
while listening to the steady rush of a cool creek.
they've been filled with the 'click' 'click' of the camera as my siblings and I capture summer moments,
laughter, exuberant smiles on faces,and sand between toes.
there was a campout in the backyard with a friend,
star gazing, summer camp, and volleyball.
there were fireworks, amidst oohs and aaaaahhhhs
on that night in which we celebrate our independance;
campfires, smores, lessons to be learned, and new adventures
these summer days
they've been filled with
sunkissed cheeks, the hot sun beating on our skin,
refreshing drinks, and time spent with family.
(my dad and I)
These summer days have provided a good mix of events and relaxation. Now, with volleyball over, and summer plans starting to wind down, the "lately" has been very low-key and restful. I have been appreciating finding the time to read (I'm reading "The Hobbit" Who's excited for the movie?!), finding the time to catch up on drivers education online, and spend more time with my siblings. August is the last month of summer break before school starts again in September. I fully intend to fill up this time with more reading, hopefully more writing, laughin', lovin' and livin'. I'm reminded that we only get this day once and that yesterday is already gone. Live for today, and make the most of each moment.
Tell me what you've enjoyed about your summer, friends!
I'd love to hear. ;)
Blessings!
~Madi
P.S. Hello to my new lovely followers! You have all made me so happy with your kind comments, thank you!
~Madi











This is an awesome blog! I love the pictures. You got yourself a new follower:D I'm a friend of Erin's over at Write Run Dream Sing and im glad i found your blog through hers! Check mine out if you'd like. (:
ReplyDeleteOh my word it's Sophie ^ :D <3
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of the boy sitting in the towel! That is so cute! :)
And my summer's going the same way, winding down. Reading is delightful, though!!
thank you! the boy in the picture is my little brother :)
Deletethat second photo just makes me want summer forever. cute blog. following. follow back?
ReplyDeletewww.adashofrobs.blogspot.com
I love these pictures!
ReplyDeleteEmma
http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com
I think all Madisons (love) volleyball. I'm jealous, though... You can play four on four. ;D
ReplyDeletein Him,
Madison