-

-

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

signs of autumn and exciting happenings


Ah, where to begin? 


   Time has been flying by, while autumn has been slowly creeping upon us. 
  Blog posts about autumn have been booming through my reader lately and I've noticed how so many of you have beautiful fall trees in your neighborhood, cooler weather, 
and some of you even have snow! 

  Well, it's still warm (I could even say hot) here, 
though cooler weather passed through
for a couple of days last week


I can hardly wait for the time when I can
don long-sleeves, 
sweaters, 
 & scarves, 
 drink a hot cup of tea without perspiring; :)
AND  take a trip around neighborhoods  
graced with trees 
full in autumn's fiery splendor. 


It won't be long now. 
Some mornings and evenings, the weather is cool enough that it teases my senses reminding me of years past and, encompassing me in nostalgia. 


Though the cold and full bloom of autumn hasn't quite made its way here, 
autumn has come in other ways... 

We have enjoyed
fresh apples from local farms,
and sweet apple cider, 
drinking it either hot or cold.


   A few weeks ago my family and I went to a u-pick apple farm with friends and ended up consuming  forty pounds of apples in the course of one week! 
me and the son of the friends we went apple picking with. isn't he cute?!!

Little pumpkins decorate our dining table and mantle,  
while baked butternut squash with butter and cinnamon remind us of thanksgiving pumpkin pie. 

Mom's autumn spice muffins 
(gluten free-pumpkin-banana-spice-walnuttygoodness muffins) 
that she made last week have become a welcome treat 



In addition to enjoying 
the sights, 
scents, 
tastes, 
 bountiful harvests that comes with fall, 
and experimenting in the kitchen with new ingredients, 

some other exciting things have been happening! 


  God provided a new building for the church I attend and thankfully we are all adjusting well to the newness of it all. The building is a great blessing. I'm just so thankful that the Lord provided for us. He knew what we needed and continues to show His loving care.

  And just recently I prayed that I would be able to be in a Little Women play if it is God's will oh "someday"~

and within a week, God answered my prayer as I found out about a local theater company holding auditions for Little Women! AMAZING!  

My sister Emma, and my brother Corban, and I are planning on auditioning next month! 
All I can say is I am so so so so very superly dupperly excited! Little Women is one of my favorite movies and I also loved reading the book. 

I'm literally so thankful for the way the Lord provides and cares about even the little desires of my life. 


   Also, I got my driver's permit yesterday! 
I admit, I was nervous; but God helped me to pass! 
So so happy. 
If you're going to do your permit test soon, don't stress about it,
 study, pray and do your absolute best. 
You can do it! 

Well, there's a little update for you all. I know I haven't posted in a while. 
I hope you're having a blessed day, friends!

Enjoy your week! 
And remember that God cares about you 
and the desires of your heart, 
even the seemingly little desires. 
Don't forget to give Him thanks. :)

Much love!

~Madi




10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures and writing, Madi! These pictures are so sweet--and that little boy is SO adorable, ohmyword. And you are dead-drop gorgeous, too!! :) {also, congrats on getting your driver's permit! I got mine about 4 months ago, and praying sure helps! :)}

    Much love,
    Mikailah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with everything said about Autumn and the autumn spice muffins...oh my gosh. I want some. haha. AND LITTLE WOMAN! Thats so exciting. which role are you auditioning for? Jo is my favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely pray for that and you'll have to let me know once you know what part you get! :D Right now, i guess guidance academic wise would be a nice prayer request. :) thanks for asking lovely<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Madi! I love apple cider! And congrats on the drivers permit! That is so exciting about being in a play! I have been in two plays before and I loved it! :) Godd luck in advance for the auditions!
    Your blogging friend,
    Brooklyn


    beebrookenized.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic news, La! So excited about your audition, and all the other things going on over there!
    Love you, Auntie Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Madi,
    It's me Emma! :)
    Great post!!!!!! I'm soooooo excited about the Little Woman auditons too.

    emmalaincrafts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    I'm a new follower of this wonderful amazing fantastic blog! By the way did you make the header? Gawjusssssss!! :)
    Would you drop by my blog sometime? I have only just started it and I need all the advice I can get! Maybe you could even follow if you like it?
    Thanks
    Oh and by the way...I wish I could star in Little Women..It's one of my fave books too! Who are you going to audition for?
    http://stepinto-wonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Madi,
    You are gorgeous! (if you don't mind me saying so) And I love your smile! <3
    I know what you mean about the trees changing color. The trees here in Oregon haven't begun to show the signs of fall. (I wish they would hurry up already!)
    I do have a cold as of now, which is a sign that winter is on its way. I adore colder weather though. Colder weather = sweater weather. Ah. I can't wait.

    Lovely blog! <3

    Many blessings and best wishes,
    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely post, the text as well as the pictures! Especially the pictures from the little boy (your brother) in the tree. And you've got wonderful eyes! BTW, congratulations on your drivers permit!
    http://pinterest.com/iljajohanna/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so nervous about my driver's test, too! Congrats on passions. xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving me a comment and making my day that much sweeter! hope you have a blessed day, friend!
~Madi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...