| all pictures taken last week on the way to our Little Women rehearsal |
It's 10:15 p.m. some of my siblings are watching the avengers and others are doing various things. I'm very tired. We had acting rehearsal today. Next week is tech week. The week where we get to act on the stage for the first time, use our props, run through the entire play with costumes and makeup and hair (we haven't done that yet), figure out the lights and add last minute changes. Yes, it's going to be busy, busy. But oh I love theater. There's nothing quite like it. Performing on stage is one of my favorite things. And all the hard work pays off in the end.
Always, as tech week comes nearer, it seems like we still have loose ends to fill (which we do) and that there's still so much to work on and it gets a little crazy, but it comes together. I trust that it will continue to come together beautifully, as I've prayed. God's helping the play to come together so nicely.
I LOVE the cast I get to work with. We've had so much fun over the last few months (wow, it's been a "few" months already?) that we've been working on the play.
Making new friends and meeting new people is another favorite thing I love about theater.
Now I must go get some rest. Tomorrow we get to run through the entire play again. It will be a long day. But I'm ready for it. I think. :)
LITTLE WOMEN tech week and performances, hard work, excitement, laughs, and making more memories...HERE I COME!
Just a little update for you all in a journal form just because I felt like it.
I don't want to feel like I have to stick to a certain "mold" in order to post.
I want to stop worrying about what people think and post more from the heart,
when I feel like it, even if that means rambly posts, and words that aren't fancy.
Much love to you all!
::hugs!::
~Madi
(now off to get some sleep ;)









O, such beautiful photos, Madi! I love the angles and the clarity of each photo - so nice :). What camera are you using?
ReplyDeleteI pray that the Little Women performance goes well. Enjoy and God bless!
Thanks so much for your kind words! I use a Nikon D50. And ah, thank you! I so appreciate your prayers!
DeleteBlessings!
~Madi
You go Jo!! More writings from the heart! :) Love this and love you!
ReplyDeleteI love Little Women! That's so neat you get to be in a Little Women drama. Do you have a speaking part?
ReplyDeleteI loved looking at your pictures by the way
Little Women is one of my favorite stories/movies. I've watched the movie SO many times. So I was so happy when I found out there was a chance I could be a part of a Little Women play.
DeleteYes, I have a few parts all of them being speaking parts. I don't play a main character, but I am having lots of fun with the characters I have.
Ah, thank you!
oh, that is so exciting, Madi! i enjoyed looking at these pictures, and i am so excited for you! theatre is exhausting (i know from very short experience--i decided i wasn't one for acting. haha.) but the reward is tremendously big. such a joy to see all your hard work (finally!) come together in the end and create something unique and wonderful. :) i'm sure you are wonderful at it... what roles are you playing?
ReplyDeletealso, your "journal form" paragraph at the end is wonderful. i've been thinking about the same thing, and trying to act on it. :) not caring what is popular or what people seem to like, but posting what is on my heart, what is real and vivid and poignant and what is really life for me. :) i enjoyed this very much.
praying for you as your theatre production comes together!
::hugs!::
Mikailah
Lots of lovely smiles in this post!
ReplyDeleteOh how fun!!! :D
ReplyDeleteI really like these pictures, they're so clear and just show life. good job!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteHey Madi! So I have finally got the chance to jump back in the blogger world! I want to make a whole new layout for my blog. I dont want to just change backgrounds, but come up with my own header. I have seen a lot of blogs do this but have no idea how or where to start. I thought maybe you had some advice? :)
ReplyDeletebeebrookenized.blogger.com