-

-

Monday, September 2, 2013

"sweet, refreshing rain!"// late night ramble edition two


Whoever can guess what movie that quote in the title is from wins...a virtual high five! :)
"Well...I'm back." (guessed the movie? you get a high five too). No, I haven't fallen off of the face of the planet. I'm still here, alive and breathing after taking an unannounced break to finish school. 
I had to finish science, history, and economics, as well as write a report on the right to bear arms...gun laws and gun control etc.
It was good to delve into the subject of government and legislation and write out my thoughts on the subject of bearing arms. I actually began to enjoy researching and watching debates. I'm glad to be finished now though. The  realization that I've nearly graduated from high school (I say nearly because my paper still needs to be read and graded) hasn't really hit me yet. But, I'm excited. Yes. I'm excited to end one season of my life and begin a new one. I plan on further studying subjects of interest at home and also focusing on getting my driver's license this month!


one report writing night... :)
Today was a good day.
The weather started out dreary and dark with the cloud cover. It was strange because it was dreary, yet warm out. I spent the day writing letters. hurray for pen-pals and snail mail! I read a bit as well. Ishmael and Self Raised are SO interesting. Self Raised is keeping me on my toes. Read about them here and here. I'm loving getting back to reading again.


This evening, it began to pour rain! It was gorgeous outside I ran in the rain with my sister, Emma who is always ready to do those kinds of things with me. She wanted me to pretend I was Colonel Brandon and she was going to be Marianne. Oh that dramatic scene with Colonel Brandon yelling "Marianne!" over and over again. No, we didn't do that. I thought it would be just too strange. So we ran and laughed in the rain instead. Good plan. :)


When the rain stopped, it left the such a glorious sky behind.
Ah. I was in love. So beautiful, so peaceful.
Such a perfect way to end the day.






I'm glad to be blogging again. It makes me happy.

How was your summer? Comment and tell me a favorite memory, perhaps?

Blessings!

~Madi

22 comments:

  1. This made me smile, a lot! You are so beautiful inside and out. It's such a joy to know you. :)
    Love you my gorgeous friend! -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pictures and OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE THOSE BOOKS! I was like glued to them a few months ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Madi,
    I found your blog and already like the posts that you have:) My sister and I have a blog of our own, so if you'd like to visit just stop by at laughterandlipgloss.blogspot.com Thanks a ton and hope to see you there!

    Sapphire and Hair Stylist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Madi! Always love stopping by your blog for a visit! And those photos are just stunning!
    We're going into Spring now (yippee) as we live all the way in South Africa. I just love to see everything coming to life after the winter:-)
    Blessings, Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those rain pictures make me happy...they remind me of my trip to Puerto Rico.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. You've been given an award at Beautiful Girlhood which you can see here:

    http://kelly-annesblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/a-beautiful-award.html

    Love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I love this. I've been trying to get back to blogging, and seeing this post made me so happy :) And wow, that sunset is GORGEOUS.

    As for summer memories, I'd have to say the missions trip was my favorite ;)

    xoxo,
    ~Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow your photography is breathtaking. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures! What camera do you use? I was looking for an email address to contact you but couldn't find one? Do you mind me asking for it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are so gorgeous!

    http://myunfathomableconstellations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful post mads. Oh em, she makes me laugh (so dramatic) haha! My fav pics are 1 & 4 so awesome! <3 you.

    Lainie

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors in these pictures are stunning. You did a good job with the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh that sky. Wow. Still staring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Lamplighter series! They are great books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those photos are absolutely breathtaking! wow girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning. absolutely beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow these images are stunning!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are gorgeous pictures

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Found your blog through the comment's on Hannah Nicole's last blog post and just wanted to say gorgeous pics! And dancing in the rain is the best. :) I'm looking forward to summer afternoons of laying in the sun + dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Incredible photography!! Adorable! <3

    Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blogs!! :)

    Kisses
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely pictures. and how i love the rain....

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving me a comment and making my day that much sweeter! hope you have a blessed day, friend!
~Madi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...