It's Thankful Monday friends! The day where we find things to be thankful for as we get back into the weeks ordinary routines. To tell you the truth, I've been struggling with just that...thankfulness.
Lately, I've been struggling with comparing myself. I tend to think about how much better other people are at certain things than I am, or I look at their strengths and then think about why I can't be more like them. But, that's wrong because if I'm just focused on what I'm not, then I won't be getting anywhere because I won't be accepting who God made me to be and I won't be accepting the plans He has for me right now.
My mom encouraged me and reminded me that everyone is different, that we all have different qualities, and that I shouldn't be comparing myself to others. Instead, I should be asking God to help me be thankful for who He made me to be, and I should be trusting in God's plan for my life.
I'm not going to have the same strengths as my friends, or family members. I'm not going to be able to take the same paths they take. We all have different strengths and different paths in life. That's what makes life interesting. It would be so boring if we all had the same strengths and all got to do the same things in life. God is teaching me now to accept who He made me to be and the plans that He has for me right here, right now. I just need to trust Him and bloom where I'm planted. :)
Today, I'm thankful that God helped me to persevere in my studies, that He helped me to do my best, that He helped me not to worry about what I have to do and helped me to just keep moving forward. This verse is a comfort to me at times when I feel like I don't have any creativity for writing assignments, when I'm about to start algebra, and any time when I feel incapable or tired or when I'm confused.
"Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:6-7
God, cares for me. He cares for you. If you're going through something hard, if your struggling with comparing yourself, if you feel incapable. Remember that God, our Heavenly Father, the Maker of all things, knows about your troubles. Cast your cares on Him because He cares for you.
I love you dear friends. I pray that you will have a blessed week!
Much love!
~Madi
I know, I usually post these late so that you all get them when it's actually Tuesday. Forgive me for that. I will try to post it earlier in the day so maybe someday when I figure out how to make my own button you all can link up with me. :D









What a lovely post, and beautiful pictures!
ReplyDelete