-

-

Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Thoughts





These past few Mondays I knew what I was going to write about. I had it all figured out. I just needed to come here put my thoughts together to form a post. Today, however, I'm not sure what to write. I don't have a plan. So, I guess I'll just begin to write and see what comes of it.

Some days seem to fly by, others seem to slowly move on, but today went by at a in-between pace that felt just right. It was different sort of Monday. We (my brothers, sisters, mom, and I) were all very tired after the weekend, so, we slept in. But, despite the fact that we slept in, I feel like I had plenty of time to finish my studies. I even had time to do some extra things, like read and attend my sister's karate class that was held in our living room. 

There are so many things to be thankful for every single day. It's the simple things that make a seemingly ordinary day, special.

I'm thankful for getting needed sleep; for the time I had to read God's word this morning, for the beautiful warm weather. I'm thankful that God answered my prayer and helped me to understand my math. I'm thankful for the lovely soundtracks ( Miss Potter, and Little Women) I listened to that made math more interesting. I'm thankful for the time I had to do some extra things; for being able to do karate with my sister. I'm thankful for the comforting baked potatoes I ate for dinner; for my family, my sweet, loving, encouraging family who give me joy every single day; for the quietness of this evening; and for the time I have to write this.


Today I'm linking up with Miscellany Monday


Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters



What are you thankful for today? Let's see how many thankful hearts we can cultivate.


Much love and many blessings!

~Madi

2 comments:

  1. My sweet Madi! This week is my emotional week ;) and your wonderful, warm words brought tears to my eyes! You are so grounded, and close to your Creator. Something that I struggle with in weeks / days like these. I am thankful for sooo much, but today, right now , I want you to know that I am thankful for you and for this blog! You are encouraging, you illuminate my heart with your spirit! Just as Christ does, today He has done that through you my dear friend. I love to see your maturity and I love to see how you glorify the ONE AND ONLY KING WHO IS AND FOREVER WILL BE GLORIOUS! So, thank you Madi for sharing little bits of your life and heart. I'm proud of you and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie, all I can say is Praise God!

    I have been praying that my posts would somehow be an encouragement to my readers and I'm so thankful that God answered my prayer.
    I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving me a comment and making my day that much sweeter! hope you have a blessed day, friend!
~Madi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...