-

-

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Blessed Home


There are times when I feel like I'm constantly doing chores, that they never end, and that I don't have as much time as I would like, to do the things I would rather do. I begin to see my chores as "disruptions" in my day. I feel like whatever I'm doing is more important, and I get frustrated when I don't get to do what I want, when I want. It's like this, maybe I really want to finish a chapter that I'm reading, go on the computer, write a letter, scrapbook, knit, (you fill in the blank), when those things are not wrong within themselves! It's just that when I put what I want to do, above helping my family, I've lost sight of the bigger picture.

 God has been teaching me about the joy of working at home. About the high calling women have. He has been showing me that those chores (that never end) should not be viewed as a "disruption" or "less important". The work that we have been given, has been given to us by the Lord. The One true God! Wherever we are, whatever task we have been given, we are to do our very best for Him.
"Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God's way. In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness." ~Elizabeth Elliot


Let us not look our chores as disruptions but as ways we can serve our family and bring glory to God. Let us take hold of this high calling we have and embrace it. I pray that, with Elizabeth Elliot, we may be able to say. "Thank You, Lord, for the work You have assigned me. I take it as Your gift; I offer it back to You. With Your help I will do it gladly."



What about you, friends? Do you have any thoughts on this subject? 
Have a blessed Sunday!
~Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving me a comment and making my day that much sweeter! hope you have a blessed day, friend!
~Madi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...