Music is one of those wonderful things in life. Don't you think?
I love music.
The world would be a much quieter place without it.
Music adds so much to life. Just think. What if no one ever sang songs. What if we didn't have music to listen too. What if there were no instruments. What would it be like if there was no music in a movie?
It's a very sad thought isn't it.
Thankfully we don't have to dwell on that because God gave us Music! Isn't He just wonderful! He didn't leave the world music-less. :)
One of my favorite ways to praise God is through music and song. I'm so thankful that God gave us music as a way to express our feelings and as a way to praise Him.
I like to think about Heaven, and how those of us who have trusted in Christ for salvation, will be able to sing together someday to our Heavenly Father! We'll sing and shout His praises. Maybe, in heaven, we'll have the voices we dream of having. Maybe we'll even be able to play any instrument we want, and play in a band for Jesus. :D
It's a happy thought, isn't it?
I listen to music all the time, whether I'm doing my school, writing, knitting, exercising, or doing chores.
I marvel at music composers. The ones that can come up with the most beautiful, moving songs, or the most fun upbeat songs for their own cds or for movies.
Movie music composers amaze me. I mean, how can they come up with songs that fit the movie perfectly. And how can they come up with hundreds of songs for different movies?
It's mind boggling. God has truly gifted people. :)
One of my favorite music composers is Thomas Newman. He composed the music for Little Women which happens to be one of my favorite movies.
I also love the Miss Potter soundtrack. It's simply lovely.
I play the piano and the guitar and dream of someday,
being able to play the cello and the violin.
Here's a favorite cello song of mine.
And here's an incredible piano solo. It's beautiful. A must watch.
I can't do a post about music without showing you this song. It's one of my favorites. I never tire of hearing it. I hope to someday dance this at my wedding. :D
Dear Lord, Thank you for giving us music.
What about you. Do you love music? Do you play an instrument, if so which one?
Who are your favorite music artists?
P.S. I entered a contest over at shutter happy and I'm one of the finalists. If you would like, you can vote for my picture at her blog. I would really appreciate it. :D
~Madi
P.S. I entered a contest over at shutter happy and I'm one of the finalists. If you would like, you can vote for my picture at her blog. I would really appreciate it. :D
~Madi













That "cello song", as the video called it, is a very famous score, which I love, but the alteration gives it a fun twist. The cello is my favorite instrument to listen to!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Oh, cool. I thought that he made that song up. :D
ReplyDelete