-

-

Saturday, October 15, 2011

So Excited :)

I'm so excited right now! Why am I excited you ask? Well, I'm learning how to use Photoshop!

I was walking in my back yard with my brother, Aiden, today just looking at our garden and the pumpkins that are growing in it, when I looked up and noticed that the leaves on one of our trees are changing colors! I was so excited. I then noticed that one leaf that stood out from the rest. The sun was slowly setting, and it's rays were shining perfectly on the leaf, giving it a sort of beautiful glow. I ran inside to grab the camera. I couldn't resist a photo of such beauty. My brother thought I was a little silly. I mean, all of a sudden I said "Look at that leaf! It's so pretty. I'm gonna grab the camera. I'll be right back." He was probably a bit alarmed. All he said was "What leaf?" I grabbed the camera, changed the lense and ran back outside. Aiden just sat and watched.

This is what I saw. Simply Gorgeous.
It makes me happy, so I believe it has earned it's place into this photo contest. :D 


Later, I found this amazing tutorial on how to make pictures have a vintage feel and this is what I created.

So fun, right? I'm just now finding what Photoshop can do and it's soooo exciting.

 Another reason I'm is excited is because I'm entering a photo contest for the very first time! My sister's and I woke up early yesterday to take some pictures for Olivia's self-portrait contest. I enjoyed getting up early and being out in the cool morning air. I wanted the beautiful morning sunlight incorporated into my pictures. I edited some of the pictures today. This is the one that I chose for the contest.





Good luck to everyone who enters!

Much love!

~Madi

7 comments:

  1. Wow I agree--that leaf is simply gorgeous. I love it when the light catches things in just the right way. Who can resist snapping a photograph of it? (:

    Lovely self-portrait, too! I wish I played guitar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful self-portrait! You're pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Madi! Fall leaves make me happy too :) thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your smile is so rosy and you are the image of gorgeousness, Madi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your comments, ladies! You're all so sweet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the details in the leaf! Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving me a comment and making my day that much sweeter! hope you have a blessed day, friend!
~Madi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...