-

-

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins


Ok, so I promised you the pumpkin muffin recipe! I made it last weekend with a few of my friends and they turned out delicious! I now imagine turning them into a sort of cupcake and piling them high with cream cheese frosting.  Doesn't that sound grand?

I felt like baking something "fall-ish" since we hadn't really made any thing fall related yet. Pumpkin muffins seemed the simplest route, so I scoured the web for a good, gluten free, pumpkin muffin recipe. I found one at the Glugle Gluten Free website. It looked promising, so I gave it a try and tweaked it a bit. They were great! My friends, sisters, and I had a good time baking and laughing together. :)

Here's my adapted version.

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
Yields 12 Muffins

Dry Ingredients:
  •  2 cups rice flour
  • 1 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
  • 2 tbsps Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • a heaping 1/2 cup of turbinado sugar

Wet Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1/4 cup Olive Oil
  • 1 cup of Chopped Nuts (optional)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Grease muffin tin well with oil.
  3. Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Get out all of the lumps.
  4. Mix wet ingredients together in large bowl.
  5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl.
  6. Bake for 22 -24 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness.

Notes:
If you don't have turbinado sugar, you can use regular sugar. You can also use maple syrup, but remember to mix it with the wet ingredients. If you find that the final mixture is too dry, go ahead and add water or milk until the mixture is wet enough. Also, if you don't have pumpkin pie spice handy, you can make it when you triple the recipe below.

Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. nutmeg

This muffin recipe is pretty simple don't ya think? So...why don't you give it a try. It doesn't take long to make, and the result is delicious, sweet pumpkiny goodness. You can even top it with some cream cheese frosting if you'd like.

Have a blessed weekend friends!

~Madi

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving me a comment and making my day that much sweeter! hope you have a blessed day, friend!
~Madi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...